Do you love Jessica’s blush pink Giambattista Valli gown as much as I do? Apparently they only had just over 100 guests, a totally respectable number but not too over-the-top. The photos have hit the newsstands and I can’t wait to get my hands on one. What do you think of the high-energy cover? Congrats again to the handsome couple!!
Justin Timberlark and Jessica Biel got married over the weekend in southern Italy, keeping all details mum until they released it themselves to the press. While we wait for photos to be released on Wednesday (in People Magazine), let’s look at some of the bridal details we do know. Congrats to the gorgeous couple!
Custom monogram wine glasses, set of 4, only $34
Alex Pelling and Lisa Grant couldn’t come up with one dream wedding destination. So instead they chose 30! From Banff, Canada to Antigua to Hawaii, the couple celebrated in (sometimes) traditional, outrageous and unforgettable locales and cultural moments. I’m wondering how the heck they managed to do that much travel and still manage to look flawless in their photos. What was the timeframe for all these locales? And did they have to get visas for any of the countries? Granted, they didn’t do any travel through Africa or Asia so immunizations and travel grants probably aren’t such a big deal, but still…they did an amazing job of looking at ease and incorporating each country’s traditions into the ceremonies. Really a beautiful job all around!
Here are a few of the highlights from the adventurous couple’s travels. See the full collection of photos here. Congrats to the well-traveled pair! I wonder where they’ll honeymoon…
Photos via ABC News
The Olympics and all the talk about London has got me thinking about bangers and mash (a traditional dish of sausage and mashed potatoes – yum!), the Queen’s jewels, and dapper style. What’s your favorite part of this exciting international event?
2. The picture of schoolboy chic. Schoolboy blazer in navy, $198
3. Fill the belly with a national favorite. Bangers and mash via Golf Stuff We Like
4. We can pretend…Tiara, $35
5. London phone booth photo via Fodor’s
6. Chain Link Bracelet, $77
7. Royal blue in the Fiery pump, $79
8. Pretty and dainty, English tea service via Tea Party Girl
I love to travel and I’m a nitpick when it comes down to the details. If there’s something that I can compact, condense or bring along on my carry-on, I’m all for it. Forget waiting in long lines and checking luggage, I’ve traveled internationally and gotten away with two carry-ons. This is also a great project for someone that needs to find gifts for a traveling friend. Gift them monogrammed cosmetic or toiletry bags and they’ll be ready to jetset in style!
Here’s my short list for putting together a pretty great overnight arsenal of travel goods.
1. International reads like: Foreign Babes in Beijing, by Rachel Dewoskin | 2. A favorite cream to keep your skin hydrated on long flights – and a smell that will remind you of home. | 3. Lips need hydration too! Bring your lip balm, you’ll need it. | 4. All your toiletries will fit nicely. Embroidered cosmetic bag, $10 (personalization included) | 5. Travel size luxuries | 6. A mini framed photo of your loved one. Elegant place card holder, $3.75 | 7. Keep your jewelry safe with an Embroidered jewelry roll, $10 (personalization included) | 8. A safety must, hand-cranked flashlight requires no batteries. Don’t get stuck in a hotel not knowing where the light switch is!
The night before my wedding some of my closest friends and I stayed at our friend’s house, ordered in pizza, drank wine and just spent quality time together. It was one of the best parts of my wedding-planning process. That night, I made sure to pack all the essentials that I’d need (besides my wedding dress and shoes that had already been transported separately).
Here are a few key essentials that you’ll want for your wedding overnight bag:
1. A customized silk bag is a great way to carry all your belongings. Your MOH and bridesmaids would love this too!
2. You’ll want to look smashing in your get-ready photos the morning of. A silk robe will give you the elegance you’re looking for in the make up photos. Silk robe, Victoria’s Secret, $128
3. The most romantic and supportive bustier you’ll find. Carefully wrap and roll in tissue to keep from flattening the form. Affinitas, bridal bustier
4. Elegant wedding jewelry for the big day. Chandelier earrings (matching pendant available separately), Rhinestone and pearl chandelier earrings, $57 ** Right now, 10%! Use code: J712RLY
5. Your make up bag embroidered with your monogram won’t get mixed up with everyone else’s goodies, personalized cosmetic bag, $10
6. Your jewelry rolled safely in a roll. This one is custom silk shantung, a great bridesmaid gift too! Personalized jewelry roll, $10
7. Comfortable shoes to run around in the next day. They’ll match any outfit you toss in the bag and get where you need to go in style and comfort the morning of the wedding, Viv printed flats, J. Crew, $198
I have a black carry on bag and a black pull-along. They’re perfect companions and have gotten me through long weekends and month-long excursions. I love that because they’re dark, they don’t show wear and tear as much. Thing is, everyone had the same idea. When the conveyer belt siren goes off, mine and dozens more like it come sliding down the ramp into a sea of black luggage. Thank goodness they make such simple and classy things as luggage ribbons. Just $9 each and you can have anything you want embroidered on them. Genius!
Do you love or dread traveling? I love landing in a new destination, not knowing what to expect or what I’ll see. I hate the going-to-the-airport-and-getting-through-security part. Maybe you already know all the ins and outs of packing liquids in your carry-on.
Here are some of my favorite items to make your life – and travel – much easier.
Keep your passports safe and your luggage tagged with this handsome set. Passport cover and luggage tag set, $20
Toss them in your bag and slip them on for the plane ride. Makes a great bridesmaid gift! Ballet flats in custom embroidered bag, $24
I put all my toiletries in there too! Men’s micro fiber toiletry bag, $27