Get all your shopping done today with custom, monogram gifts including photo frames, quilts, mugs and more! Simply use code: fri50 for half off everything. Happy shopping!
When I woke up to walk the dog this morning I lazily slipped on my flats and ran out, no mind to the gloomy clouds rolling through. I was halfway down the block when I wish I had worn socks. Fall is definitely starting to settle in, (officially in two days on September 22nd), I get teary-eyed thinking about nostalgic apple picking and donuts and jumping in piles of leaves. I may not have that anymore with apartment living, at least not the raking part, but I do love a Fall wardrobe change! What’re you adding to your closet and home?
HOME : Such a great mantra, perfect to wake up to. Live, Laugh, Love pillow, $27
You have to see the latest and cutest video we just put together to show you how to make your own Photo Collage Frame. Made of high-quality wood and assembled in the U.S.A., your frame arrives quickly and safely wrapped, ready to celebrate a birthday, wedding, anniversary or any happy occasion!
Here’s how to make one yourself.
You’ve booked the DJ, caterer and you have the dress. But don’t forget about all the little extras that make the day.
Choose florals for the boutonnieres that remind you of a special moment. Lavender, succulents, grain via Style Me Pretty
Someone will forget them, so be prepared. Wedding socks for the men, $13 a pair
Light the walk way or any nook that needs a glow with Blue Oyster tealight lanterns, set of 4, $20
A perfect photo opp! “I do” sticker, $4.50
DIY Herb centerpieces via Martha Stewart
Contemporary yet timeless, Cylinder Toasting Flutes, $25 a pair
Any color, any monogram, tons of holiday and celebratory messages are available. See our full selection of custom pillows* at Tenereze now!
*Our pillows are all made in the U.S.A!
There’s nothing I love more than personalizing a gift. That’s part of what makes me sooo excited for the Tenereze launch on May 10th. One of my favorite items are the gorgeous, jewel-colored bud vases sets. I was super inspired to give them a mini makeover with a detailed paint job. This is a project you can do in an hour or all afternoon – it’s up to you.
Here’s what you need:
A small, detail paint brush
White acrylic paint
Tenereze bud vases
Acrylic gloss or Mod Podge (optional)
Large flat brush (optional)
1. First, gather your materials. The gloss medium or Mod Podge is optional since it depends on whether you’re going to get the vases wet or not. They’re not totally waterproof but they give it a nice glossy finish.
2. Mix the paint with just a few drops of water to give it a nice, workable consistency. You want it to be easy to work with but not become too thin. You’ll know it’s too thin if it gathers and pearls on the glass surface.
3. Holding the neck of the vase, start on the bottom with a pattern. Acrylic paint dries quickly so working efficiently is key. Don’t fret about individual marks, it’s the collective shape and design that matters. If you feel like you messed up, take a damp paper towel and wipe away the mistake. If you need to start over, you can wash the vase with soap and water.
4. Once the bottom is dry (after 5-7 minutes), stand the vase upright to get the finishing details on the top.
5. Let your vase dry completely, another 10 minutes. This is where you would apply a layer of sealant to further protect your pretty work. Experiment with different color paints, patterns and layers of paint.
The arrangement I made here was simply to add to my studio. I may or may not add flowers to them but I really do think they look handsome without. What do you think?
This would make an awesome gift for bridesmaids, girlfriends or sisters. I could totally picture having an evening of wine and painting with my girls. I hope you’ll try this easy project and send me your photos. Have a lovely day!
This has been by far, one of the most incredible springs I remember in a long time. With the unseasonably warm winter (I barely had to bust out my down parka!), I feel really spoiled this year. What’s been your favorite thing this spring? My husband discovered a series of trails about five minutes from our place. We’ve been exploring them with the dog and every time we go we love it even more.
Trilliums cover the floor of the forest everywhere we look.
I took these photos literally right outside my living room yesterday. I’m so tempted to clip a couple branches and pop them in bud vases for a luscious table arrangement. I have to do it, right??
Welcome to Tenero!
Tenero means “tender” in Italian, our sentiments in sharing the most precious and high-quality gifts. As part of the Tenereze family, this is the place to find the the latest trends and tutorials in gifts and gift-giving. Whether you stumbled upon the blog while shopping for that something special or you’re a past customer from Bridal Elements, we’re so happy you found us.
On Thursday, May 10th, we’re launching our on-line store with a whole new way of looking at meaningful gift-giving. From live customer service to short ship times, we strive to offer the latest array of unique products for those you love. We’re a company based out of Chicago. We handle, create and package gifts, many of which are made in the U.S.A.
Starting today, we’ll be sharing items, tips and tutorials here as well as on Pinterest and Youtube with daily updates on Facebook and Twitter. Email us with your suggestions any time – we look forward to hearing from you!
To give you a peek of the types of sweet gifts we’ll be offering, take a look at our bud vases. In various colors, they make an incredible housewarming, birthday or everyday gift. Here are a few tips on using your bud vases everyday.
- Set one out on the windowsill with a single gardenia or other fragrant flower to enjoy while you do the dishes.
- Place one on the nightstand as an unexpected detail for the houseguest.
- Group three or more bud vases together and string an arrangement that spans the whole length.
- Surprise your coworkers with a flower and a vase for them to take home or enjoy at work.