Aahhhh. The weekend marked the start of Autumn and right on time, it was gloomy, rainy and chilly. But no complaints here! I swapped out my summer dresses for fuzzy sweaters and made my first batch of hot cocoa. It really is the easiest recipe, it’s not even worth being called a recipe. I’ve been doing it since I was a kid and I’m sharing it with you today. Here are the simple things you need:
1 tsp. honey. Image from Silverbow Honey *Honey is the secret ingredient that makes this taste so warm and decadent!
12 ounces milk per serving – don’t even think about using water!!
Frothing milk is super simple, and a nice treat. Instructions at Real Simple
Hot cocoa powder, your favorite brand will work. Image from Foodie-isms
Who doesn’t love marshmallows??
1. Put 2 tbsp. cocoa powder and 1 tsp. honey in your favorite mug.
2. Add 12 ounces of milk to a saucepan, turn to medium heat.
3. As you see small bubbles start to form, start whisking for 1 minute. Milk with begin to thicken.
4. Pour hot milk immediately into mug. Mix thoroughly.
5. Top with marshmallows. Enjoy!