Whether you’re the bride, birthday girl or having a date night for your anniversary, metallics are flattering on everyone. A little goes a long way when you’re using products with sheen so be sure to not overdo it.
For the night out | If you’re using a strong smoky eye, pair it with a soft shimmer lip gloss. Top your daytime nails with jeweled nail polish or just dip the tips.
The daytime glow | An all over face gel like MAC’s Mineralize Gel will be all the sheen you need with a cream blush and some mascara.
Pretty bridal details | Use a soft gold powder to highlight the inner corners of your eyes. The camera will pick up on the subtle use of metal. Or, carefully use a bronze eyeliner in the inner parts of your eye for a warm undertone to your overall look.
Here are my picks for metallics and shimmer as we cheer on our athletes for the gold, (silver and bronze too)!
1. Accentuate the eyes with MAC Powerpoint eyeliner, $15
2. Top off your base coat with lots of drama, Sephora by OPI, Jewelry topcoats in I Found a Pot of Gold, $9.50
3. The prettiest touch of bronze, Honey Bronze lip nectar, $13
4. Make your skin glow, MAC Mineralize Gel, $37
5. Perfect for the dramatic smokey look, Jouer powder eyeshadow in in Truffle, $20
6. A staple for every make up arsenal, NARS Bronzing powder, $34